Francisco De Jesus, MD
Francisco De Jesus, MD, specializes in all aspects of infectious disease, with special interests in complex illnesses including endocarditis, bacteremia, osteomyelitis, and varied tropical diseases. Dr. De Jesus completed his infectious disease fellowship at Rutgers University Hospital in Newark, New Jersey, with hands-on experience across a wide variety of communicable diseases and infections caring for patients in the acute care setting. Dr. De Jesus cares for patients throughout New Jersey at CentraState Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, and Saint Peter’s University Hospital, as well as at several leading rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes throughout the state.
Dr. De Jesus chose to pursue a career in infectious disease care as it is a medical specialty that is integrated into every subspeciality, and complex infections impact every organ in the body. He is passionate about solving health challenges, including identifying the root cause of the disease, preventing the spread of infections, and tailoring treatments. Dr. De Jesus enjoys the diversity of this medical specialty, from infection control in hospital settings to working with the community for outbreaks and pandemics such as COVID-19, as well as preventing animal transmissible diseases. Dr. De Jesus is bilingual (English and Spanish) and welcomes caring for patients in the outpatient setting as well.
Outside of work, Dr. De Jesus loves spending time with his family, and enjoys baseball and football. When time permits, he also likes to travel and practice his saxophone skills as a longtime jazz enthusiast.
- CentraState Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Students Association
- Member Puerto Rico College of Surgeons and Physician
- Alpha Delta Phi
- Fellowship: University Hospital – Rutgers Health
Residency: VA Caribbean Healthcare System in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Medical School: UNIBE School of Medicine in the Dominican Republic
- Undergraduate: Mathematics at University of Rochester