Rachna Gupta, MD, MPH, FIDSA
Rachna Gupta, MD, MPH, FIDSA, is involved with the Infectious Diseases Society of America and serves as Vice Chair of their Mentorship Committee, working to attract bright trainees into the field of Infectious Diseases. As a passionate member of the medical community, Dr. Gupta has written and published a scientific paper for the highly cited Journal Lancet.
Dr. Gupta is enamored with infectious diseases because of the capability to treat the patient as a whole, and not just one system as most other specialties do. This allows her to treat and help them understand how to prevent the disease – which is a very rewarding experience. Meeting many different people and treating different diseases every day, infectious disease is ever-changing. This environment fosters hard work and a love of life-long learning, which was Dr. Gupta’s motivation to become a physician.
In addition to being fluent in infectious diseases, Dr. Gupta also speaks Hindi and German.
- Saint Clare’s Hospital – Denville
- Saint Clare’s Hospital – Dover
- Morristown Medical Center
- Newton Medical Center
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- The American College of Physicians
- The American Society of Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: University of Washington
- Residency: University of Maryland
- Medical School: The State University of New York
- Masters of Public Health: Johns Hopkins University, School of Public Health
- Undergraduate: Texas A&M University
- Vice Chair, Mentorship Committee for Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Graduated cum laude from Texas A&M