Joseph Kim, MD
Joseph Kim, MD, is a part of the Morris County Tuberculosis Control Center and has been with ID Care since 2004. Dr. Kim treats a variety of infectious diseases that challenge him in their own unique, individual ways. In the course of a single day, Dr. Kim will see a variety of symptoms and illness – this diversity allows him to think beyond the textbook and use his specially curated skills to diagnose and treat a patient.
During his education, it wasn’t until later in his undergraduate career that Dr. Kim started to appreciate how rapidly biomedical science evolves and how quickly it can affect patients — this realization cemented his desire to become a physician. Outside of treating and healing patients, Dr. Kim enjoys the patient interaction he is able to have during rounds and in the office. While he is initially looked to for specific guidance, he encourages patients and families to ask him whatever questions they may have about their care. Dr. Kim has experienced medical issues within his own family, so he understands the anxiety patients may have and the care they need. He believes that forming relationships and bonds with the patient and family makes him a better caregiver.
Dr. Kim is a husband and father of two daughters. He enjoys spending time with family and golfing in his free time. During college, Dr. Kim played soccer for four years and currently holds the single season scoring record for the school.
- Morristown Medical Center
- Newton Medical Center
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Saint Clare’s Hospital
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Undergraduate: Haverford College
- “Top Doctor in NJ” by New Jersey Monthly magazine 2008, 2012–2016, 2019–2022