Infectious disease job openings & career opportunities at ID Care
If you are infectious disease (ID) fellowship trained, BC/BE, have strong clinical skills, and are passionate and committed to providing excellent infectious disease patient care, apply now to be a member of our innovative, collegial and well-respected ID practice. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, outstanding work-life balance, and a stimulating and supportive work environment.
Learn more below on why you should work for ID Care.
Current infectious disease job openings
Applicants, please apply via IDSA above or email your CV and contact information to the applicable email addresses:
- Physicians: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Practice Providers: APPrecruitment@idcare.com
- Staff: email@example.com
- Stephanie Lucas, ID Care Human Resources
- Dr. Steve Williams, Chairman Recruiting Committee
About ID Care, New Jersey’s largest infectious disease practice
Since 1987, ID Care has been the largest infectious disease medical practice on the East Coast and the second largest in the United States, providing the highest quality infectious disease services in central, northern and eastern New Jersey. Our entrepreneurial, physician-owned and professionally managed practice has 50+ board-certified physicians and over 100 providers.
ID Care is focused on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management of the full spectrum of infectious diseases across the continuum of care, in both inpatient and outpatient services. We have 10 outpatient offices and several infusion and wound care centers, and service more than 140 hospitals and post-acute care facilities.
Why work at ID Care for your next infectious disease job
Our infectious disease physicians & providers are community & industry leaders
- Enjoy a diversified practice with like-minded colleagues offering inpatient and outpatient consultations, wound care, travel medicine and infusion services.
- We encourage teaching/academia, clinical research and pursuing administrative and leadership positions; ID Care physicians are actively engaged with local hospital systems, medical schools and public health organizations to improve the lives within New Jersey’s communities.
- Our providers have received numerous awards for clinical excellence and teaching and many participate in research related to infectious disease and prevention.
Clinical excellence drives us
- Surround yourself with innovative, forward-thinking physicians reinventing the concept of standardized ID services, offering comprehensive treatments across the continuum of care.
- Engage in our practice’s commitment to provide leadership, guidance and support for infection prevention, epidemiology, and antimicrobial stewardship to our partner acute hospitals and post-acute care facilities.
- Participate in monthly journal clubs or the extremely popular “ID Care physician chat” where case conferences and discussions are handled ad hoc – often multiple times a day – to find solutions to a variety of challenging cases, drawing on your team’s collective expertise.
Collegiality with a deeply embedded culture of teamwork
- Active mentorship and career guidance of junior physicians is supported by senior partners and leadership.
- Hospital coverage groups, or “pods,” that provide a team approach to enhance effective collaboration and interaction with colleagues, as well as standardize and improve the quality of patient care.
- Close working relationships with advanced practice providers to support, extend and enhance patient experience and care.
- Physician income is incentive-based and remunerative throughout one’s career: Our physicians earn at minimum nearly two-times the median ID physician salary noted by the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), with many earning salaries three- to four-times higher.
- The physician-owned and -led practice model ensures a shared internal commitment to the value and success of the organization.
Top employer on the East Coast for infectious disease with a commitment to enhanced physician lifestyle
- “Better Performing Practice” in many categories for successive years as recognized by MGMA.
- Geographically located in highly desirable regions with close proximity to New York City and Philadelphia, excellent schools, numerous and diverse restaurants, and an overall high quality of life.
- Stable practice with market dominance and a professional management infrastructure, relieving physicians from the bureaucratic and administrative burdens of today’s healthcare environment.
- Physician extenders improve individual provider’s performance and productivity in daily and weekend rounding.
- Well-resourced hospital “pods” to minimize fluctuations in staffing, scheduled or unscheduled, to facilitate a stable work-life balance.