Ajay Mathur, MD, FACP
Regional Vice President
Ajay Mathur, MD, FACP, volunteers on a national level with the Infectious Diseases Society of America and maintains a leadership role within ID Care — all while teaching medical students and resident physicians. Dr. Mathur’s favorite aspect of his career is having the opportunity to intervene and positively impact a patient in regards to their illness. He enjoys working as a part of a healthcare team to provide the best possible outcomes for patients.
As a graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Dr. Mathur has always had an interest in science and was motivated to pursue his career from interactions with physician family members he viewed as role models. In his spare time, Dr. Mathur enjoys traveling with his wife and kids and watching sports.
- Monmouth Medical Center
- Ocean Medical Center
- Specialty Hospital of Central Jersey
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- The HIV Medicine Association
- Fellowship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Graduate: University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Undergraduate: University of Maryland at College Park
- Graduated from the Honors Program at University of Maryland at College Park Phi Sigma Eta Honor Society
- “Top Doctor’s in NJ” by New Jersey Monthly magazine – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018