Anamika Patel, MD
Anamika Patel, MD, is board certified in internal medicine and infectious disease, with over 15 years of experience across all aspects of infectious disease care. Dr. Patel provides comprehensive clinical care to patients an on both an outpatient and inpatient basis, with special areas of interest including HIV, hepatitis C (HCV), as well as healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and antibiotic stewardship. Her desire to become a physician developed in her early years in India, where she saw an opportunity to help people, as well as to set an example of what women can accomplish, even when faced with few opportunities.
After many years in practice as a respected physician, her passion for the field has only grown. Dr. Patel states, “My work is most rewarding when my patients say you took care of my family. It’s about the trust they put in you. And it’s fulfilling to see how you help them get better”.
Dr. Patel puts her extensive knowledge and experience to work teaching residents at St. Francis Medical Center in Trenton. She also contributes her expertise as Head of the Antibiotic Stewardship Committee and Head of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton.
Outside of work, Dr. Patel can be seen driving her two girls to their many activities, playing with her dog, and planning trips to ski or explore new locations.
- St. Francis Medical Center – Trenton
- Robert Wood University Hospital – Hamilton
- Capital Health System – Trenton and Hopewell
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Fellowship: Drexel University College of Medicine, PA
- Residency: Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, PA
- Medical School: B.J. Medical College, India
- Head of Antibiotic Stewardship Committee – RWJ University Hospital Hamilton
- Head of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee – RWJ University Hospital Hamilton