Apurva Patel, MD
Apurva Patel, MD, is an infectious disease specialist and teaches, trains, and lectures medical residents and students on infectious disease topics. Dr. Patel implements infection treatment, infection prevention, and management of antibiotic resistance to help his patients and watch them heal. Dr. Patel enjoys being a problem solver to cure a variety of infections and was motivated to become a physician by his grandfather, who was a primary care physician in India. Preventable infectious diseases affect so many people, and Dr. Patel wanted to pursue a career where he could understand infections and help people get better.
“As infectious disease physicians, we treat some of the sickest patients in the hospital and helping them get better is what I love the most about my job.”
In his free time, Dr. Patel loves spending time with his wife and two children, as well as traveling, reading, and watching sports.
- Monmouth Medical Center
- Ocean Medical Center
- Specialty Hospital of Central Jersey
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Fellowship: Robert Wood Johnson University
- Residency: Robert Wood Johnson University
- Medical School: Robert Wood Johnson University
- Undergraduate: Rutgers University
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Rutgers University