Richard Snepar, MD, FACP
Richard Snepar, MD, FACP, has been practicing infectious diseases and internal medicine in the Central New Jersey area for over 35 years. Specializing in all aspects of infectious disease, his interests lie in bacterial infections such as bacteremia, sepsis, urinary tract infections, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, and prosthetic and device infections. As a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Dr. Snepar lectures on a variety of infectious disease topics, including skin and soft tissue infections, MRSA, diabetic foot infections, community and hospital-acquired pneumonia, intra-abdominal infections, influenza, and travel medicine.
Dr. Snepar has been treating HIV patients since 1981. He has completed research in endocarditis, antibiotics, and alteration of the gastrointestinal biome — areas that continue to be hot topics in the field of infectious disease.
“The task of the infectious disease physician is the early recognition of infection and prompt institution of effective and safe antimicrobial therapy when required.”
Dr. Snepar is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, and a member of both the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the International Society of Travel Medicine. He holds a Certificate of Knowledge from the International Society of Travel Medicine. He has been recognized as Top Doctor by Castle Connolly for the New York metro area, New Jersey Monthly magazine, Inside Jersey magazine, and Best Doctors on numerous occasions.
Dr. Snepar was a physician and infectious disease consultant for the New Jersey State Boxing Commission for many years, officiating frequently at HBO’s “Boxing After Dark.” Dr. Snepar is also an active and founding member of the rock and roll band AlterEgo. He has been playing at bars and venues in the area for over 20 years, including many benefits, such as the Annual American Cancer Society Gala.
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- CentraState Medical Center
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- Infectious Disease Society of America
- International Society of Travel Medicine
- Infectious Disease Society of New Jersey
- Fellowship: Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Residency: Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Medical School: Cornell University Medical College
- Undergraduate: Muhlenberg College
- Castle Connolly America’s Top Doctors – 2022
- Certificate of Knowledge from the International Society of Travel Medicine
- “Castle Connolly Guide to Top Doctors” in New York Metro area
- “Top Doctor in NJ” by New Jersey Monthly magazine 2008–2009, 2011–2021
- “Top Doctors” by Inside New Jersey magazine