Danya Wenzler, MD
Danya Wenzler, MD, is an infectious disease specialist who enjoys meeting new patients and learning their stories. As an ID Care partner, Dr. Wenzler finds joy in helping patients heal — always using her knowledge to treat her patients like family. Outside of her work with ID Care, Dr. Wenzler also provides care to Zufall Health Center HIV patients.
Dr. Wenzler was inspired to become a physician primarily so she could help others, but also because it is a career that involves her interest in science. Her most significant accomplishment to date was helping a patient transform her life from an AIDS diagnosis to healthy living with HIV and then going on to have a healthy baby with a new husband at her side.
Dr. Wenzler takes pride in working full time and being an involved mother of three children. She is also a mother to three dogs and one cat and enjoys spending time with her family and listening to country music.
- Morristown Medical Center – Atlantic Health System
- Newton Medical Center – Atlantic Health System
- Saint Clare’s Hospital
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center – Atlantic Health System
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- International Society for Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Fellowship: Boston Medical Center
- Residency: Rhode Island Hospital – Brown University
- Medical School: Rutgers – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Undergraduate: Cornell University