Amy McCarthy, MSN, APRN, A-GNP-C, CWS
Amy McCarthy, MSN, APRN, A-GNP-C, CWS, earned a Bachelor of Science in nursing (BSN) at Rutgers School of nursing before receiving a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. Her fascination with the body’s ability to heal inspired her to become a wound specialist after nursing school. However, it was her own personal experience with a nerve disease in her early 20s that drew her to pursue a career in healthcare.
Amy thrives in a learning environment, which ultimately led her to the ever-evolving field of infectious disease. She treats patients age 17 and older, but helping elderly patients have a new gusto for life after they’ve healed is one of her favorite aspects of her work.
Other efforts Amy is proud of include her work in limb-salvage programs, negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) educational programs and her assistance in helping patients regain their ability to walk.
Outside of work, Amy volunteers with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital blood bank to supervise blood drives and organize hospital units to donate.
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital (SPUH)
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunswick
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurses Association
- American Board of Wound Management
- Master of Science: William Paterson University
- Bachelor of Science: Rutgers University