Syed Husain, MD
Syed Husain, MD, is board-certified in both internal medicine and infectious disease, with over 20 years of experience caring for patients, both outpatient as well as inpatient at leading hospitals and long-term care facilities. Dr. Husain provides comprehensive infectious disease care, including for complex conditions like healthcare-associated infections, HIV, and hepatitis. He also has deep expertise in wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) as a wound care expert.
Dr. Husain’s passion for making a difference in his patients’ lives is underscored by his dedication to this dynamic, ever-changing field of medicine. He chose to pursue infectious disease, motivated by the satisfaction he gets seeing his patients get better and improving their quality of life after effectively diagnosing and treating them. He has a strong commitment to always learning new ways to advance the health of those he cares for and believes there is always something new happening that can help him make a difference. His contributions have earned him roles as Chief of Infectious Diseases as well as Chair of Infection Control at St. Francis Medical Center in Trenton, New Jersey. He also welcomes participating in local community lectures, including at senior centers, to help share his knowledge on a variety of infectious disease topics.
Dr. Husain states, “I am fortunate to be able to teach and share my knowledge with rising medical residents as well as medical and nursing students so they too can improve the health and well-being of those they care for.”
Outside of work, Dr. Husain likes to spend time with family and friends. He also enjoys sightseeing, playing cricket and table tennis, and listening to music.
- St. Francis Medical Center – Trenton
- Robert Wood University Hospital – Hamilton
- Capital Health System – Hopewell and Trenton
- Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center – Plainsboro
- St. Lawrence Rehabilitation Center – Lawrenceville
- Henry J. Austin Clinic – Trenton
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Fellowship: SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse
- Residency: St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton
- Medical School: Dow University of Health Sciences, Pakistan
- Undergraduate: D.J. Science College, Pakistan
- Chief of Infectious Diseases – St. Francis Medical Center
- Chair of Infection Control – St. Francis Medical Center
- Member Peer Review Committee – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – Hamilton
- AMA Physician’s Recognition Award, 2004-2007
- Best Teaching Subspecialist of the Year, Award of Excellence Seton Hall University School of GME Internal Medicine Residency Program, St. Francis Medical Center, 2003