Cindy Zhang, MSN, APRN, NP-C
Cindy Zhang, MSN, APRN, NP-C, is an Advanced Practice Nurse on the Middlesex County Medical Society Foundation Board of Trustees. Being a nurse for many years, Cindy has learned to see patients as a whole and not just their disease. She treats her patients like family and takes the time to educate herself on the latest clinical trends to provide her patients with the best care possible.
Growing up around chronic disease, Cindy was inspired to work in healthcare and make a difference in people’s lives. Her experiences led her to become a registered nurse and eventually spent 18 years at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital working in cardiac intervention, heart failure and transplant, and the medical-surgical float pool. Cindy was also a part of various hospital committees, including the policy and procedure and unit-based practice council, as well as a head nurse for eight years and chairperson of head nurse committee from 2008 to 2012.
Cindy volunteers at Rutgers Garden for the farmers market, spring flower sales, and gardening. She is also fluent in Chinese and enjoys reading, hiking, and spending time with friends and family.
- JFK Medical Center
- Raritan Bay Medical Center
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Graduate: Walden University
- Undergraduate: Walden University
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Head Nurse Committee Chair 2008–2012
- Board of Trustees: Middlesex County Medical Society Foundation
- Graduated Cum Laude from Walden University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Helene Fuld Fellowship for Outstanding Nursing Students – 2001